Employment, Health and Safety and Education
Susan-Jane (known as “S-J”) is the partner leading the Employment team.
S-J graduated from Auckland University with a BA/LLB, and later obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Employment Law from Nottingham University. She was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in New Zealand, and to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales. For 19 years she practiced as a lawyer in London, including in two multinational law firms with offices across Western Europe.
S-J joined Harkness Henry in September 2014 and became a partner in August 2016. Her specialist areas are:
- Employment law advice and representation
- Independent investigatory work
- Education law advice and representation in relation to:
- School Principal/Board of Trustees relationships
- Complaints about teacher conduct
- Proceedings before the Complaints Assessment Committee and Disciplinary Tribunal
- Early Childhood Education
- Health and safety advice
- Privacy Act advice
- Human Rights advice and representation
- Collective bargaining
Her interests include classic cars, vinyl and playing the drums.
Direct Dial: +64 7 834 6682