
In 1945, Clive Henry and Philip Harkness formed a firm named Harkness Henry. This firm still continues to this day.
In 1952, Mr. Raymond F. Annan joined the firm, and the name was changed to Harkness Henry & Annan, marking a new chapter in the firm’s history.
In 1964 Harkness Henry & Annan acquired the practice of Gerald Briggs (this line of the firm dated back to 1907 when William Tudhope started his firm. He had partnered with Gerald Briggs in 1920 and he continued this firm up to the date of his death and the acquisition by Harkness Henry and Annan)
In 1965, Mr. Harkness retired, having played a pivotal role in shaping the firm’s direction and success.
In 1966, Harkness Henry & Annan moved to the third floor of the Bank of New Zealand building on Victoria Street, solidifying its presence in the heart of Hamilton’s business district.
In 1970, Harkness Henry & Annan merged with Course Clayton-Greene & Cochrane, resulting in a new name: Harkness Henry Course & Annan.
The year 1975 saw many respected staff members retire, including Mr. Clayton-Greene, Mr. Cochrane, and Mr. Skelton. With these changes, the firm’s name was updated to Harkness Henry & Co. Mr Annan established his own practice.
In 1975, Clive Henry retired from the partnership and became a consultant partner.
In 1979, Harkness Henry opened an office in Paeroa to serve local communities better.
In 1989, Harkness Henry moved from the BNZ building on Victoria Street to the KPMG Tower on Alexander Street, where the firm still practices out of today.
In 2022, Harkness Henry merged with local firm Cambridge Law and opened our third office in Cambridge.
In 2024, we opened a fourth office in Matamata to support local farmers, families and businesses.
In 2026, Harkness Henry merged with Auckland firm, Malloy Goodwin Harford.
