New Zealand’s construction industry has a number of unique statutory and regulatory requirements that require specialist legal knowledge and expertise.
With years of hands-on experience in construction-related disputes as well as contracting and compliance issues, our team can provide comprehensive legal advice on all aspects of the construction industry with a focus on achieving workable and cost-effective outcomes.
Our expertise includes:
- Negotiating and reviewing construction contracts
- Claims and proceedings under the Construction Contracts Act
- Acting for clients involved in leaky building claims including participation at WHRS mediations and adjudications
- Acting for clients involved in construction claims in the courts and at arbitration
- Assisting clients with debt recovery and best practice including developing terms and conditions of trade and compliance with the Building Act