Skip to content

Alcohol licensing

Alcohol licensing

We have considerable expertise in all aspects of alcohol licensing and often act for clients seeking to obtain or renew licences, manager’s certificates and temporary authorities for their businesses.

People sitting in a bar

As well as these services, we regularly carry out other industry specific work including:

  • Representing clients in hearings and appeals regarding licences
  • Providing representation and advice in regard to change of district plans and effects on alcohol licences
  • Change of Local Alcohol Policies (LAPs)
  • The sale and purchase of business and property
  • Advice on all aspects of employment relationships involving alcohol
  • Strategic, policy and practical advice on resource management issues relevant to licensed premises
  • Lease formation and tenancy issues

Read our articles on alcohol licensing

Extension to trading hours for licensed premises for the Rugby World Cup

The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 will be temporarily amended to allow easy extension to trading hours to allow patrons to watch the upcoming men’s Rugby World Cup games at licensed premises in the early hours of the morning.
Have You Failed A CPO By Selling, Or Supplying Alcohol To A Minor?

Alcohol Licensing Update – Deadlines are back for Reporting Agencies

The Epidemic Notice finally expires today (20 October 2022) after coming into force in March 2020. This is welcome relief for those who are trying to obtain or renew alcohol licences.
View all articles

Experts in the field

Back To Top